- Bus Driver may assign seats.
- Be courteous.
- Do not use profane language.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus; keep bus clean.
- No mobile phones are allowed on bus.
- Violence is prohibited.
- Remain seated.
- No Smoking.
- Keep head, hands and feet inside bus.
- Do not destroy property.
- For your own safety, do not distract the driver through misbehavior.
- Cross in front of bus, never behind; make sure all traffic is stopped.
- Do not ask driver to let you off the bus at stops other than your own.
- Go directly to your home.
Misbehavior on Bus:
The privilege of riding a school bus in Metro is one that can be revoked if the Rules of Conduct are not followed. These rules extend to school bus stops, as well as on the bus itself. Violation of these rules and other misbehavior should be reported to the Principal of the school to which the bus runs. Students are subject to removal from the bus for a period of one to ten days. Continued rules violation and discipline issues can result in permanent loss of school bus transportation privileges.
Suggestions for Parents
- Please report any alleged misconduct on the school bus to your child’s principal.
- If you see a bus being operated carelessly, take note of the location and the bus/route number and call the Customer Service Center at 259-4636.
- Encourage students to observe all safety and conduct rules.
- Observe extreme caution when approaching a bus stop, a moving bus, or a stopped bus, even if no children are in sight.
MNPS Customer Service Center
We are committed to making the transportation process as simple as possible for our students and their parents.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for on our website, please contact our Customer Service Center at 615-259-INFO (259-4636)